Here is a quick run-down of how to get an A&P license! 
After having done practical work ,18/24 month, on airplanes, 
present your work experience ATA chapter wise , 
get the slips (Form 8610-2) from an FAA inspector (approval to take exams!) .

For non-US-Citizens: 
You only need to go to the FAA Inspector if you work on USA-registered aircraft  (letter from a sponsor)
or you have an employment (letter from a sponsor)  to work on USA-registered aircraft.
If you don't have a letter from your company or sponsor to prove the need, forget about the A&P license! 
It is not like the EASA  licence, where everybody can go for the licence exam!

Study the subjects and learn exam questions by heart (from exam question books here!)! 
Take the exams at an approved exam place or go to a short exam preparation course.

Having passed the exam get the book  Oral and Practical Exam Guide 
Prepare yourself for the oral and practical exam! 
Chose the DME (examiner) They are getting now a Computer Printout for your tasks & questions.
Having passed the oral/practical, you will get a temporary license, and of course a pay raise!!!! 
Any questions? Email

Wikipedia overview of  Aircraft Maintenance Technician AMT

Last modified: Monday, 9 July 2018, 5:26 PM